Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Award Shows

I am totally apathetic to these awards shows. I used to tape them, and then tape over them the next year without having watched the previous year's. So now I am in front of a TV that is not turned on, because I kinda know I wanna see the AMAs, but will be soooo bored if I do. But I want to know what happens, and I want to see my favorite artists perform-like Gwen Stefani.

There are just too many award shows now. Everyone, and I mean everyone, thinks they deserve an awards show. VH1-Big in 06 awards, Teen Choice Awards, People's Choice Awards, SAG Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, and don't forget the real ones, Oscars, Tonys (I know NOTHING about Theatre), Emmys and Grammys. Who has patience. No wonder they have to bribe the celebs to show up. I don't even wanna watch them in my PJs in bed.

Most of these awards are worthless. Nobody watches them anyway. Everyone's bored stiff. Like the Oscars--everyone gets all excited about them. They're so boring, i don't watch them. But everyone assumes that since I am into the media, I am a loser who sits for three and a half hours watching celebs pretend to be modest. "Oh, my, this is such a surprise," Like you didn't know.

Then they have these gracious loser faces, smiling like, "I didn't deserve this award. Good for him/her. Yeah, s/he deserves it." Puh-leez. I cried when I wasn't elected class president for a month in second grade. And who cares who saw me? And this is an Oscar. But, yes, these people have pride. Some.

Comments:
Oh, and Golden Globes, which I actually like.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?