Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Summer Camp

This time of year also reminds me of summer camp, and why I am so glad I never went. My parents always offered it to me, and almost FORCED me to go, but I refused for good reason. Who the hell wants to spend 4 long, hot weeks in a sweltering bunkhouse with 8 other girls breathing in your face all day eating greasy food? Really. What's the appeal?
In general, I have a need for space. Something some girls consider foreign. Basically, just leave me alone for a few minutes. I can't be social 24/7. Even the best need to take breaks. I also need sleep. I can't talk all night and party until 3 a.m. and be up in time for the morning prayers. Besides, who needs a counselor breathing down your back making sure you participate in every activity? Don't I sound like fun to hang around in camp??

Also, laundry is a pain in the butt. There's no TV. No downtime. No ALONE time. No independence. You play sports that you don't like...blah, blah, blah.

Okay, so why didn't I go when I can be a counselor?
Many of the aforementioned reasons. The no space factor, the greasy food, the laundry, PLUS, (no offense) rotten, spoiled, bratty campers with attitudes to match their wardrobes. Who needs it?

I am quite satisfied with my summer experiences. 2 year olds. I try not to go over the age of 3, which is when they start giving attitude, (yep, they start young nowadays). I'd honestly rather change diapers than deal with bratty tweens, or worse: teens.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?