Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Celebrities in Commercials

At first I had the idea that your career is in the tubes if you're on a commercial, and they don't flash your name all over. Like in the L'Oreal commercials, they flash "Jessica Biel" across the screen throughout the thing, as if to say, "Look who we paid to endorse our products!" Now I realize it's the opposite. Heather Locklear? Who cares about her so much? That's why her name is on the screen in whatever she's endorsing. But in Halle Berry's commercials for Cover Girl if I'm not mistaken, you're expected to know who she is. In fact, on the Jell-o commercial, you only hear Bill Cosby's voice, and you know it's him. That's what I call famous. The Kelly Ripa commercials for Pantene Pro-V...who watches Live anyway? j/k. My favorite commercial-the one that planted the idea in my head that your career is BAD when you're in a commercial without the company forcing your name down the viewer's throat, is the one for the Crest Whitestrips. I'm probably the only idiot who noticed that one of the three girls sitting there is Brittany Daniel who once starred on Sweet Valley High. Poor kid had to do a commercial, WITH OTHER PEOPLE who are complete unknowns...I'm over it though. She's in a movie soon, I think. Ha.

Oh! That reminds me of the Glad girl starring as Janet in the Three's Company documentary thing. That was comical. For another day.

Comments:
Hey, there ARE some commercials that you have to be good looking and somewhat heard of to be in. For example, being the Nuetrogena spokesperson says "I'm pretty and famous and I use this product!!"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?