Monday, May 31, 2004

Madonna

I have a lot to say about Madonna. Doesn't everyone?
As far as her music goes, I am a huge fan. I really love her albums from the 80's. Although most of that music is from before my time, I know all the lyrics and really enjoy it. For some reason, though, since the 1998 release of the mediocre "Ray of Light," the music has just been a disappointment-with the exception of "American Pie" and "Beautiful Stranger." I bought 2000's "Music" because I was all excited for another Madonna album. Big mistake. I never listen to it. It's nothing compared to "Like A Virgin" or "True Blue"- my personal favorites--actually- anything before 1995 is my favorite. Her voice suddenly changed in 1998, and her style was transformed into trendy techno. She was much better with the tried-and-true Pop music. That's what Madonna represents. Great Pop music. Her newest release, "American Life" has not made it to my collection. After "Music," I kind of lost my faith.

Speaking of faith,on to her study of Kabbalah. Good for her. It's just a little hard to understand with little background knowledge of Judaism and the bible. It's nice that she's getting religious-I think. Poor little Rocco, though. He had a Christening and an Upsherin. The poor boy will have SUCH an identity crisis...I feel it already. Then again, so did his mother.

As far as her social life--I see she likes to mix it up.Fine by me. Who wouldn't wanna hang with Gwyneth Paltrow one day, and Britney Spears the next? By the way, that kiss between her and Britney-What's the big deal? Why did that generate so much attention? Who cares? Britney and Madonna kissed-yahooey cabooey. Get a life people, please. 2 women kissed- I hate to break it to you, but that happens every day, believe it or not. Ellen DeGeneres, Rosie O'Donnell, Tammy Lynn Michaels, Melissa Etherige...if any of these women want action- that's what it entails, and nobody goes crazy. But back to her friendship with Britney Spears-I guess you can compare it to Ashton and Demi in a weird way. I remember when Britney was just becoming famous, she always said that Madonna was her role model and idol. So good for her. Everyone wants to be friends with their idols, and the idols surely want to be friends with their admirers, especially when they're filthy rich and will generate publicity.

That's it for now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?